Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Called Away

Do you hear that? Your name on a whisper. (What a personal God--He calls us by name.)

Does your schedule permit personal time with God?

In the mornings, I sit down with my Bible, journal and a pencil box full of crayons, actually. I like to highlight and date Scriptures as they stand out to me. Every penciled-in date is a milestone, a memorial (as God has revealed to me) of a time spent with Him.

But I have an option during that devotional time. I can read, pray and get on with my day, or I can savor His Word, view the passage through the lens of bridal affection (me as the bride, Christ as the Groom) and lavish in His loving attention.

Some mornings limited time keeps me from pursuing His manifest presence. Sometimes it's doubt, or unbelief. Other times it's interruptions or distractions. (Things get kinda hectic around here.)

But what if there were no excuses?

What if I chased after God's manifest presence every single day, achieved that contact, and let Him minister to me while I worship, read, pray or journal? What if I abandoned myself to the truth that He delights in me every day? What if nothing stood in the way of fully encountering Him, not sickness, or interruptions or doubts? In the midst of a busy life, with multiple roles, is it even possible?

Sure. If I prioritize. If His grace pours out on me like rain. If I ask.

So I tell you to ask and you will receive,
search and you will find,

knock and the door will be opened for you.

~ Jesus (Luke 11:9, CEV)

One more verse as food for thought:

O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
In the secret places of the cliff,

Let me see your face, Let me hear your voice;

For your voice is sweet, And your face is lovely.

~ the Bridegroom God (Song of Songs 2:14, NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment