Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

God's Pleasure in the Garden


There is a lot of symbolism in the Song of Songs in regards to the believer’s heart as the garden of God.

A locked garden is My sister, My spouse;
a rock heap locked up, a fountain sealed.
(Song of Solomon 4:12)

Jesus explained it this way:

I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;
and every branch that bears fruit He prunes,
that it may bear more fruit. (John 15:1-2)

God is at work inside us to prune away the stuff that shouldn’t be there.

Today, I worked at trimming away little dead shoots on my petunias and pansy plants. And while I worked, a gust of wind stirred the fragrance of the flowers, blessing me.

Did you know, your heart pleasures God?

For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation. (Psalm 149:4) (note: the word "salvation" here is Yeshua--Jesus' name!)

As He’s at work inside you, shaping you and changing you, let your worship rise up. Let trust and faith rise in your heart, minister to Him, and let the fragrance lift to the Master Gardener.

Gardens are a place of romance, and God is tending the place where that romance with Him happens. When you worship, when you interact with Him, you stir the fragrances that rise like incense. And the garden sprouts another rose.

See Net’s Notes where I share more thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment