Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God's Love Arrested Me


God’s love overtook me today.

I was out running errands today when bam! the lyrics of the song “Where I Belong” by Cory Asbury connected my spirit with God’s desire, and His love arrested me.

Here are the lines that got to me:

I am my Beloved’s, and He is mine.
So, come into your garden and take delight in me.
Take delight in me.

Delight in me.
Delight in me.
Delight in me.


And it hit me. God delights in me whether I feel delight-able or not. He doesn’t condemn me for not having my devotional time on a crazy-busy day (like today). He doesn’t disown me for my mistakes. In fact, He invented this process whereby we are fashioned into His image. (So, He isn’t at all offended by it.)

God delights in me.

Same’s true of you.

Good news, isn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment