Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our Time Together



I awake, remembering Jesus is near. “This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.” (see Psalm 118:24) "My thoughts of Him shall be sweet." (see Psalm 104:34, MKJV) He is so faithful and good to me, to my family.

When I awaken my preschooler, she stretches her arms to me for a hug before her eyes are even open. So sweet that tender embrace. I feel completely loved.

Afternoons, my pup sleeps on my lap while I write. I look forward to these times of helping him get comfortable and snooze blissfully.

I think Jesus looks forward to my reaching out to Him, too. During specific times, sure—morning devotionals. Evening quiet times. But I think any moment during the day when I turn to Him in my spirit and listen and pray or sing. It’s a time of sweet sharing. Of loving exchange.

A time we both look forward to. How amazing that God longs to be with me, with you. That He longs for us and gives us a longing for Him. I pray for grace to never take that for granted. I want to "call upon the Lord when He is near" and "delight myself in His beauty." (see Isaiah 55:6 and Psalm 27:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment