Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Anchored


With the release of Husband Material, I’ve just finished a website overhaul. And in the process of reworking my website, I felt it was time I had a tagline. For non-writers, that won’t mean much, but it’s part of the backstory here. J

So, I prayed about it. And here’s what God gave me: Anchored in the King’s Affections

For over a decade, He’s shown me more and more of His heart as the Bridegroom God. He’s unwrapped the bridal paradigm for me, showing me how He sees His people as His bride and what that means. (Hint: it’s why He went to the cross.)

My passion is to share those truths with you, with readers, both on my blogs and in my fiction. Tying that passion with my love of the water is a very fitting representation of me.

So, what does it mean to be anchored in the King’s affections?

~ You pursue deeper understanding of the Love of God. Ask God to reveal His passionate heart to you. Dig into the Scriptures and read the Bible through the lens of love. (i.e. consider God’s love first and foremost as you read)

~ You decide to trust. Life’s not easy, and it’s rarely simply understood. Not only are we complex beings, but we live in an unpredictable, unexplainable world, under an infinite, all-knowing God. God’s the only safe harbor, the only safe foundation, the only safe anchor.

~ You cling to Him. Being anchored is the sense of being tied down to something that won’t change. Wind and waves can come, but you’re not going anywhere. God’s got you. And You’re clinging to Him. Safe.

So, join me, won’t you, in becoming anchored more deeply in the King’s affections.

No comments:

Post a Comment