Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Knowing You're Enjoyed


For the LORD takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the humble with salvation. (Psalm 149:4, MKJV)

My birthday girl twirled round and round, a big smile on her princess face. She knew this day was all about her, and that she was loved. That glow on her little face said she liked the attention and the affection that came with it.

When I study the love of God lately, I feel enjoyed. Joy rises in my heart because I know I’m loved. And more than that, I begin to believe (at a deeper level) that I am enjoyed.

God delights in you. Do you believe it? How does believing that truth affect the way you live?

When you know you’re enjoyed by God, you . . .

~ stop vying for His attention
~ doubting His true affection for you
~ stop trying to earn his unmerited favor
~ get free from rejection issues

If you’d like to see how God enjoys you, pray. Ask Him to reveal afresh to you that He enjoys you. Then, read His Word and wait on him to reveal His goodness to you. He wants you to see and understand His heart.

And if knowing God enjoys you is a familiar truth to you, why not ask God for more? There's always more of Him to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment