Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jesus is Near


I saw a post on FB recently that gave me pause. Here's approximately how it went:

“I’m closer than you dare to believe.” ~Jesus

Do you believe He’s close?

This is a delight for those of us for whom the idea of intimacy with God isn’t intimidating or frightening. I’m comfortable with God knowing my secrets. He gives me hope, and He graces me to change. He never heaps on shame. 

I can lean into Him. The trick is to be aware of His nearness. Just stop everything. Close your eyes. Consider this truth: Jesus is near.

He’s near when we’re struggling.

Do you pray about the little things? I do. I pray about laundry and the weather. I also pray when troubles hit. And Jesus is very near every time.

He’s near when we leave.

Ever had a season of questioning and pain so deep you distanced yourself from God? Guess what? He isn’t put off by our questions. He stays nearer than we’d dare to believe.

He’s near.

No matter what, He’s close.

Dare to believe it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this, Annette. I just heard a sermon on the radio about Jonah trying to run from God. The pastor quoted, Ps. 139--Where can I flee from your presence. If I take the wings of the dawn and fly to the uttermost part of the sea, even there your hand will lead me..." I don't know of anything more comforting than a loving God who is close.

    ReplyDelete