Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Nourishing and Cherishing


I’m in the midst of a prayer experiment. You can join me.

I’ve been taking Ephesians 5:29 to heart.

For no man ever yet hated his own flesh,
but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord loves the church.

The Lord nourishes and cherishes His church.

The Lord nourishes and cherishes believers.

Jesus nourishes and cherishes me.

So I’ve been asking Him to reveal those times to me. And, when I have a specific problem or heartache, I ask Him to meet me in the midst of that situation with His nourishing and cherishing, too.

Then, I carry on with everyday life and watch expectantly. Sure enough, because He's faithful, God shows up.

Let me give you an example. The other day I had asked God for a fresh Scripture about His love. Then, I flipped open my Bible and discovered words that specifically spoke of God’s passionate love for His people. (see Psalm 33 in The Message)

Wanna try this, too?

Here’s a journal starter: How has God shown you His nourishing and cherishing activities in your life lately? If you haven’t seen this side of His involvement in your life, perhaps it’s time to ask Him to reveal His Bridegroom’s heart once again.

I’m excited to watch Him work.

No comments:

Post a Comment